- CFP: Special Issue on Blockchain-Based Services Computing
- CFP: Special Issue on Holistic Technologies for Managing Internet of Things Services
- 5/13/2019, please join me to congratulate Fahima and his coauthors for the acceptance of the following paper by IEEE Transactions on Services Computing, "“A Security Framework for Provenance Access Control Policies", 2019.
- 4/19/2018, please join me to congratulate Ishtiaq (and his coauthor Bai and Fahima) for the best student paper award for the following IEEE Big Data Congress paper. "Diagnosis Recommendation Using Machine Learning Scientific Workflows". It is in the regular research track. Only 19.8% of the submitted papers were accepted as regular papers.
- 4/13/2018. Please join me to congratulate Fahima for her successful defense of her dissertation titled "SCALABLE AND SECURE PROVENANCE QUERYING FOR SCIENTIFIC WORKFLOWS AND ITS APPLICATION IN AUTISM STUDY" Big Congratulations, Dr. Bhuyan!
Dr. Shiyong LU
Dr. Shiyong Lu is the Director of the Big Data Research Laboratory. The lab has the culture to nurture and train future professors - among graduates, five of them have joined other universities as professors. Dr. Lu received his Ph.D. in computer science from State University of New York at Stony Brook in 2002. Before that, he received his M.E. from the Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing in 1996 and B.E. from the University of Science and Technology of China at Hefei in 1993. He is an author of two books and over 120 articles published in various international conferences and journals, such as Data and Knowledge Engineering (DKE), IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE), IEEE Transactions on Services Computing (TSC), IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine (TITB), Theoretical Computer Science (TCS), Information Systems (IS), etc. Dr. Lu's research is supported by NSF, Department of Agriculture, Michigan Tri-corridor, and Wayne State University. He is a Senior Member of the IEEE. Dr. Lu is an associate editor of International Journal of Big Data, and an editorial board member of International Journal of Big Data Intelligence (IJBDI). He is a senior member of IEEE.